Re: [hatari-devel] Problem with keyboard emulation in Hatari 2.1.0 (& earlier)

Le 04/03/2018 à 05:02, Roger Burrows a écrit :
It occurred to me, some time after posting the original, that this might be an
artefact of the PC keyboard I'm using (I vaguely remember something about key
rollover on PC keyboards).  My apologies if this is in fact a hardware
limitation of my particular equipment.

Hi

I'm not completely sure (we would need to find some docs about this) but IIRC PC keyboards can't handle so many pressed keys at the same time. On ST, you get an event for each key press and TOS for example can keep a list of all pressed keys. But on PC I think that it might be HW limited and the OS will receive some release events when too many keys are pressed.
As such, the emulator is limited by the capabilties of the PC keyboard :(