[hatari-devel] Identifying the presence of Hatari

Would it be possible to add something to Hatari to allow EmuTOS to be able to
detect its presence?  As I'm sure you know, EmuTOS generally detects which
hardware is present by probing various addresses.  When the hardware emulation
is not complete, this can cause problems.  EmuTOS tries to detect this
situation and work around it, but this is not always very easy.  If it were
possible to detect the presence of Hatari (and preferably the version number),
then the workaround would be greatly simplified.

The (latest) reason for this request is implementation of SCSI support in
EmuTOS.  I don't expect a SCSI chip emulation soon (or in fact ever), but it
would be nice to be able to just check for Hatari and automatically treat SCSI
as not present, rather than trying to figure out ways of detecting
partially-implemented hardware.

Roger