Re: [hatari-devel] Enabling NatFeats support

On 01/28/2018 05:24 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Sun, 28 Jan 2018 12:47:51 +0100
schrieb Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Sonntag, 28. Januar 2018 11:54:40 CET Vincent Rivière wrote:
  But the interface
is inconsistent: some features are only available in the UI,
command-line or config file.

I think that all features available in the UI are also available in
the config file and command-line, just not the other way around. The
reason might be that, if you look at the command-line help, there are
way to many of them to put them all in the UI. Also, whenever you add
a new feature, you would have to modify at least 3 GUIs (SDL, OSX and
the python wrapper).

Right, the GUI is already quite crowded, so we should also avoid
putting options in there that are likely rather unusable by the normal
users. With regards to NatFeats: This is very limited in Hatari
anyway, the main feature here is the native printing to the terminal
window. So to be able to use NatFeats with Hatari, you likely have to
run it from a terminal window anyway, and then you can also use
the --natfeats parameter to enable it.

Almost all the other options that aren't available in the GUI,
are debug options like --natfeats, and are also related to
console output.

These options are for developers, and at least I expect developers
to be able to come up with one-liner shell scripts / BAT files
for options which typing is starting to become bothersome.

NOTE: If one wants some of these command line options to be default,
one just needs to save Hatari config after starting Hatari with
them.

	- Eero

PS. Some of the debug options don't have corresponding config
option, but that's on purpose, they're not something that's
intended to be enabled permanently (such as --run-vbls).