Re: [hatari-devel] tracing of cpu (dsp) registers

Le 25/01/2018 à 10:20, Miro Kropáček a écrit :

If you put it like this than sure, I can code my own dump function. :-) This was purely as a convenience suggestion as I've assumed others (who do not pose the required C skills or simply time) could benefit from it, too.

So this isn't about verbose outputs, trust me I have seen hundreds of MBs of logs in the past month (and yes, you've nailed it -- I'm working on an emulator... in an emulator :)), as I said, just a convenience function.

I get your point, but it's just that at one point we can't add as many dump functions as different users require for different cases :)

The debugger has the "registers" command to dump most of the CPU context, so there would need to be a "registers_short" for example to dump less content, but then someone will tell he needs more or less regs in this dump than what you require in this case.

It's of course feasible, but it's just that in the end it makes the code base grows too much for too many particular cases.

Filtering output later with some scripts seems the best solution too me, then more experienced user can of course modify their own version of the source.