Re: [hatari-devel] tracing of cpu (dsp) registers

On 25 January 2018 at 19:58, Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I sometimes does this myself when I want to trace a problematic emulation issue : I add a call to m68k_dumpstate after each call to disasm at current PC.

This makes a pretty big output file in the end, but I think that's something you have to accept in case you want to get such low level of details. Outputting the result of several seconds of emulation can easily gives some text file of 1 or 2 GB (when combined with "--trace all")

Then you can filter this output file with some dedicated tools / scripts (grep, awk, perl, whatever you like), but I don't think the overhead of maintaining a simpler dump function with basic registers is worth the effort

If you put it like this than sure, I can code my own dump function. :-) This was purely as a convenience suggestion as I've assumed others (who do not pose the required C skills or simply time) could benefit from it, too.

So this isn't about verbose outputs, trust me I have seen hundreds of MBs of logs in the past month (and yes, you've nailed it -- I'm working on an emulator... in an emulator :)), as I said, just a convenience function.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org