Re: [hatari-devel] tracing of cpu (dsp) registers

Le 24/01/2018 à 23:43, Miro Kropáček a écrit :

On 25 January 2018 at 09:41, Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:miro.kropacek@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 25 January 2018 at 06:30, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Just to verify, do you mean running "registers" command after
        *each* executed CPU instruction?

    Yes. Literally a command like "trace cpu_reg" (dsp_reg wouldn't hurt
    either). Sometimes it's more useful to see the flow of register
    changes than the instructions alone.

Just a suggestion, don't do this trace output so huge -- maybe just basic registers (Dn, An, PC, SR) to keep the output simple and easy to follow.

Hi

I sometimes does this myself when I want to trace a problematic emulation issue : I add a call to m68k_dumpstate after each call to disasm at current PC.

This makes a pretty big output file in the end, but I think that's something you have to accept in case you want to get such low level of details. Outputting the result of several seconds of emulation can easily gives some text file of 1 or 2 GB (when combined with "--trace all")

Then you can filter this output file with some dedicated tools / scripts (grep, awk, perl, whatever you like), but I don't think the overhead of maintaining a simpler dump function with basic registers is worth the effort