Re: [hatari-devel] OS compatibility documentation for builds?

Le 30/11/2017 à 22:59, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

Maybe also state that:
If you try it, send a note to <email address> whether it worked or not, and on which specific OS version you tried it on.

<email address> could be e.g. hatari-users.  Downside is that
somebody would need to accept non-subscriber mail.

i'm not sure this will be easy to handle ; let's say someone try a build from today, but we are in a high commit period : by the time christer has time to process the mail, maybe 4 or 5 more builds would be made. So the mail will be old news by the time it can be published.

I'm not sure we can ask Christer to permantely process those mails on his free time ; a generic "one time for all" messages might be good.

Similarly, I don't think that when you download "firefox nighlies builds" they tell which OS it was tested on ; stating that binary is "as is" and not guaranteed seems enough to me.