Re: [hatari-devel] TT emulation sound setting experiment

Le 25/11/2017 à 23:28, David Savinkoff a écrit :
----- On Nov 25, 2017, at 1:30 PM, Troed Sångberg wrote:

Did you try it yourself (the game Murder)? The below makes no difference when I
test with my latest macOS dev builds. My i7 is not taxed by the emulation. The
sound does not strike me as what it would sound like if it was an overloaded
CPU, but I can't be absolutely certain.

/Troed

Hi Troed,
I didn't test the game because I've got a slow 32-bit intel core2 cpu.
Given your test result, you're probably right.
Maybe someone with a fast computer can test the TT and provide
reports.

Hi

I quickly tried some sample playing with TT mode and it seems indeed to sound wrong, even on a PC with fast enough CPU.

This is strange because if I play same sample in STF with 8, 16 or 32 MHz (which was my initial test some times ago to check cpu ratio over MFP freq) sound is correct, so there might be sthg else.