Re: [hatari-devel] Resizable.

Le 26/06/2017 à 21:10, Jerome Vernet a écrit :
Le 25/06/2017 à 19:56, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 22/06/2017 à 21:08, Cocoa Pod a écrit :
bonsoir,

For information, I'm adding a "Resizable" button in SDL2 options in
xib (french & english) and associated code.
A+
Miguel

This is done and runs. But I've questions before send diff file.
-Is it possible to compile Hatari2 for SDL1.2x ?
-if yes what I have to do with these three buttons for sdl2 options ?

Yes, it's possible to compile hatari with sdl1, but for OSX it seems
the general opinion is that SDL1 is not performing correctly
performance-wise under OSX.
It still work pretty well under 10.5/PPC, not x86. My latest build for
PPC is really usable, using an old version of SDL1.2
But SDL1.2 x86 have performance issues.

BUT MacOs GUI cannot be build now under 10.5, too much deprecated
function have benn replaced, so, no MacOsX GUI for SDL1.2/PPC. So You
can forget SDL1 for MacOsX build.

Long time aggo, I added conditional build code for SDL1/SDL2, making
specifing SDL2 option hidden for SDL1. Do not know if it's still here.
The same was done for new/old core.

I think that now only SDL2/New Core have any interest ?

Hi

if people want to use recent Hatari under older OSX or older CPU, I think they can still use the default Hatari's UI and choose to use SDL1 or SDL2.

But for more moder OSX release, maintaining the mac OSX specific UI only for SDL2 should be enough for the majority (unless someone really wants to spend time on supporting SDL1 for OSX UI, but I'm not sure it would be really useful)