Re: [hatari-devel] Systematic launch tests

On 03/26/2017 10:10 PM, Roger Burrows wrote:
On 26 Mar 2017 at 21:35, Eero Tamminen wrote:
EmuTOS should AFAIK support both IDE & ACSI on any
machine.  It does work fine with ACSI on ST/STE/TT,
but even latest snapshot doesn't work with Falcon,
either with ACSI or IDE.

That could be EmuTOS issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  In Hatari Falcon mode,
ACSI isn't present, so EmuTOS can't use it.

On quick look at the Hatari's ACSI/FDC DMA register handling,
they seem to be identical between different machine configurations,
there's nothing Falcon specific.  Thomas?

And according to Compedium, the (0xff8604-0xff860D) regs indeed
are same.  (Only difference seems to be for TT, which has lots
of additional SCSI registers.)

If you add an IDE disk image, EmuTOS will access it fine
(and has done since at least 0.9.0).  Don't forget that
the image has to be byte-swapped.

I created another disk image, and EmuTOS seems to access fine
that exactly same image as ACSI under TT and as IDE under Falcon.

And I think that has actually been the case for long time,
so I've been assuming that EmuTOS notices whether the disk
needs to be byte-swapped or not?

This is the disk image in question, it's partitioned & formatted
with AHDI, I think v5:
	https://hatari.tuxfamily.org/hd80mb.image.gz

The pre-installed AHDI driver handles it fine ACSI on TT
as does EmuTOS.  HD driver handles it fine as IDE one
on Falcon, but EmuTOS doesn't.

Because EmuTOS worked with it on TT/ACSI, partition table &
boot sector should be fine, but something is preventing
EmuTOS working with it as IDE one, although similar thing
worked fine for another image.