Re: [hatari-devel] Cartridge help text

Am Thu, 12 Jan 2017 17:55:52 -0500
schrieb "Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 12 Jan 2017 at 23:37, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > On 01/12/2017 11:09 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > > No, IMO there is really no more need for a help text for the
> > > keyboard shortcuts nowadays anymore, since you can easily look up
> > > the keyboard shortcuts in the "Keyboard" setup dialog.
> >
> > Good point.
> >
> > The keys used for navigating the dialogs, and these:
> >         Print  ST's HELP key
> >
> >         Scroll lock
> >                ST's UNDO key
> >
> > Aren't listed there, but I guess users can look those
> > from the manual.
> >
> It would be better to have them available at the GUI.  That's the
> kind of thing I'm always cursing about.

Since every host keyboard is different (especially between PCs and
Macs), and the key mappings might have been changed via a configuration
file anyway, the right solution would be to have a possibility in the
GUI to remap the ST keys interactively, and not to show a hard-coded
mapping that might not be true anyway. But that's a lot of work ... so
patches are welcome ;-)