Re: [hatari-devel] test needed on a 4MB STF

Le 20/12/2016 à 15:31, Christian Zietz a écrit :
Nicolas Pomarède schrieb:

This is a small program that displays several color patterns and then
set the MMU to 2048, 512 or 128 K bank size.

I'd like to get a photo of the 3 modes to complete some MMU emulation in
Hatari (I already did it on my 1 MB STF, but 4 MB gives different
results that I can't guess)

I have two STFs with 4 MiB RAM available and will do the test later. (I
also have an STE with 4 MiB, but from your message I guess you're not
interested in that.)

Maybe later, as I also wants to implement MMU translation on STE too :)
But if you can take the same photos for the STE setup, then it will be of use to me too in the near future.

Notice that there are two different MMUs in STFs: the one made by IMP
and the one not made by IMP. They behave differently when the sizes of
bank 0 and bank 1 don't match. Luckily I have both at my disposal. Which
one do you want tested?

Do you mean different MMU on STE instead ? I thought the STF ones were all the same and that it was the STE which had different versions and "bugs" (like applying bank0 settings to bank1, prenventing to mix different bank sizes) ? If they really differ on STF, then I'm interested in the one where you can have different values for bank0 and bank1 (my test program assumes they can differ)

Also, I'm not sure if I posted it here already, but this is some insight
on how the MMU maps CPU addresses to RAM address lines:
<https://ocean.czietz.de/index.php/s/eeae6bc782508bf77fcee6afe03d379e#pdfviewer>

Yes, I read it as a base from my code, especially the MAD <-> CAS/RAS mapping was very interesting. But I found some more "stranger" results when using 128 K banks, I'd like to check all the cases and write a small doc about my findings later.