Re: [hatari-devel] --force-max not working in 2.0.0

Am Mon, 28 Nov 2016 22:01:26 +0200

> Hi,
>
> On 11/28/2016 10:27 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Am Sat, 26 Nov 2016 14:13:03 +0100 (CET)
> > schrieb Anders Eriksson <ae@xxxxxx>:
> >> I've been trying to use the new Hatari for recording some Falcon
> >> things, now that the audio works well.
> >>
> >> However, it looks like --force-max stopped working in v2.0.0. 1.7,
> >> 1.8, 1.9 are all OK. Previews of 2.0 all from january this year are
> >> broken as far as I can tell.
> >>
> >> Basicly what happens is that Hatari doesn't add  padding to
> >> --max-width and --max-height any longer, which results in a cut off
> >> recording when the screen size changes.
> >
> > I think this is simply because we're now using HW scaling in SDL2,
> > so Hatari does not use software scaling to the maximum resolution
> > anymore. If you need the old behavior, try to build Hatari with
> > SDL1 instead and see if it works again.
>
> I think it would be good to get it working also with SDL2
> at some point.

Sure, but IMHO it does not make sense to re-enable software scaling for
the SDL screen rendering output. We should rather implement the scaling
in the video recording layer and provide some --record-width and
--record-height options or something similar.