Re: [hatari-devel] --force-max not working in 2.0.0

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016, Thomas Huth wrote:

Am Sat, 26 Nov 2016 14:13:03 +0100 (CET)
schrieb Anders Eriksson <ae@xxxxxx>:

Hi,

I've been trying to use the new Hatari for recording some Falcon
things, now that the audio works well.

However, it looks like --force-max stopped working in v2.0.0. 1.7,
1.8, 1.9 are all OK. Previews of 2.0 all from january this year are
broken as far as I can tell.

Basicly what happens is that Hatari doesn't add  padding to
--max-width and --max-height any longer, which results in a cut off
recording when the screen size changes.

I think this is simply because we're now using HW scaling in SDL2, so
Hatari does not use software scaling to the maximum resolution anymore.
If you need the old behavior, try to build Hatari with SDL1 instead and
see if it works again.

Thanks for the tip, I downloaded Jerome Vernets 10.6 build (Universal) which is using SDL1. And indeed then --force-max works, almost.

There is a bug in all versions of Hatari I've tried; if you record a Falcon video, and it change the screen size, the recording will abort if you are using 32-bit rendering. Only with 16-bit the recording will continue. Yes this is with --force-max.

I verified it in macOS and my friend Maciej Moczkowski says it behaves the same in Linux.

Ok, it's not critical, but some Falcon graphcis will be using the 256-colour mode which has 18-bit colour depth and hence will not be recorded as intended.

PS. The download for the 10.6 Universal build of Hatari has "hatari-2.0.0_osx_pcc.zip" as filename, I guess it should really be "ppc" and not "pcc" right?

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@xxxxxx     http://www.dhs.nu/