Re: [hatari-devel] --force-max not working in 2.0.0

On 11/28/2016 10:27 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Sat, 26 Nov 2016 14:13:03 +0100 (CET)
schrieb Anders Eriksson <ae@xxxxxx>:
I've been trying to use the new Hatari for recording some Falcon
things, now that the audio works well.

However, it looks like --force-max stopped working in v2.0.0. 1.7,
1.8, 1.9 are all OK. Previews of 2.0 all from january this year are
broken as far as I can tell.

Basicly what happens is that Hatari doesn't add  padding to
--max-width and --max-height any longer, which results in a cut off
recording when the screen size changes.

I think this is simply because we're now using HW scaling in SDL2, so
Hatari does not use software scaling to the maximum resolution anymore.
If you need the old behavior, try to build Hatari with SDL1 instead and
see if it works again.

I think it would be good to get it working also with SDL2
at some point.

SDL1 support will at some point go away, and fixed screen
size is needed to get good video recording.