Re: [hatari-devel] Joypad coolie hat mapping

Am Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:47:28 +0200
schrieb Matthias Arndt <marndt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello all,
>
> as my old DB15 analogue gamepad is getting more and more unreliable, I
> tried using a bluetooth connected gamepad with my Ubuntu 14.04 box and
> the gamepad basically works fine with the SDL2 build of Hatari.
>
> However I noticed that I can only use the analogue stick as the
> joystick. The digital pad is mapped as joystick buttons according the
> jstest and probably identifies itself as a coolie hat.
>
> Would it be possible to add an option to Hatari to map the directional
> pad as joystick directions aswell? It shoudl be a checkmark in
> Hatari's GUI and not some config file hack.
>
> Regards,
> Matthias

Hello all,

I tried adding coolie hat support to Hatari and found out that neither
my Xbox 360 pads nor Ouya controllers connected through a Bluetooth
dongle map their D-Pads as the coolie hat.

In both cases the D-Pad is avaialble as buttons for which a generic
mapping solution is hard to implement.

I'm stuck there by now. It is quite sad as many games handle better
with a D-pad than an analogue stick.

Regards,
Matthias

--