Re: Fwd: [hatari-devel] Troed's MacOS build

Hello,

I've just tested Troeds RC1 and it works fine. I've tried it with a Mac Pro running macOS 10.11.6 (GTX660 graphics) and a Macbook Pro with the brand new macOS 10.12.1 using both Intel HD3000 and AMD HD6750M.

Closure worked fine, no issues, and likewise with all the other demos I tried as well, mostly some of our own.

SDL2 is a blessing for speed with macOS and I like that the fullscreen is scaling instead of switching video mode.

However, it would be very nice to add a flag so the scaling can be set to only scale by whole screen duplicates. That way all pixels will be the same size and no moire-artefects.

See this ST-HIGH screendump: http://ae.dhs.nu/pics/h2rc1.png

It's not very pretty. Yes I know about the bilinear filtered scaling, but that gives fuzzy pixels instead, not an improvement. I use the emulator for developing, so it's good to see exactly what's on screen. To play a game or so I suppose using the bilinear filtered zoom is alright.

Overall, great work and I'm looking forward to the final 2.0 :-)

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@xxxxxx     http://www.dhs.nu/