Re: [hatari-devel] bad screen rendering with Falcon/TT + vdi ?

On 14.10.2016 10:27, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 14/10/2016 à 09:45, Thomas Huth a écrit :

>>> I see in stMemory line 185 that Falcon mode doesn't work with VDI yet.
>>> Should we disable the UI in that case ? It could be misleading.
>>
>> It's described in the manual already:
>>
>> https://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-file/tip/doc/manual.html#The_Atari_Monitor_Dialog
>>

>> ... and according to the note there, VDI mode should work fine in Falcon
>> emulation when using EmuTOS, so I think we should not disable it in the
>> GUI in that case. Just ask the users to read the manual first ;-)
>
> But shouldn't we disable it with tos 4 and allow it only with emutos
> then ?

I think the GUI code has no notion of whether the TOS image is EmuTOS or
not, so this does not sound very feasible to me.

> Or add a warning popup for falcon "vdi requires emutos for proper
> results" ?

That could be a solution.

> Not that I use this that much, but it seems users report this as a bug :)

OK. Can you come up with a patch or shall I have a look (probably not
before next week since I'll be quite busy over the weekend)?