Re: [hatari-devel] bad screen rendering with Falcon/TT + vdi ?

Le 14/10/2016 à 09:45, Thomas Huth a écrit :
On 14.10.2016 00:25, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 14/10/2016 à 00:23, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :

Seems it works under TT mode and the problem is when using Falcon mode
(I had the feeling it didn't work under TT, but now it works again, so
... At least Falcon mode remains broken)

I see in stMemory line 185 that Falcon mode doesn't work with VDI yet.
Should we disable the UI in that case ? It could be misleading.

It's described in the manual already:

https://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-file/tip/doc/manual.html#The_Atari_Monitor_Dialog

... and according to the note there, VDI mode should work fine in Falcon
emulation when using EmuTOS, so I think we should not disable it in the
GUI in that case. Just ask the users to read the manual first ;-)

But shouldn't we disable it with tos 4 and allow it only with emutos then ? Or add a warning popup for falcon "vdi requires emutos for proper results" ?

Not that I use this that much, but it seems users report this as a bug :)