Re: [hatari-devel] Falcon Sound

Le 07/10/2016 à 23:31, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :

I've given a try to Chaos-AD demo (listed in the compatibility list).
It's still very noisy (I'll have to try it on my Falcon to compare the
sound quality here).
That's very probably not related to the fix.

running hatari with --trace crossbar, I can see lots of these :

Crossbar : DMA Play --> DSP record
Crossbar : DSP --> Crossbar transfer    0x00e99b

So I think the demo uses DMA sound, but it's sent to the DSP for postprocessing (maybe to filter, amplify or whatever).

In that case, the fact that we don't have correct cycles yet for all cpu instructions in Falcon mode would explain the noisy output.