Re: [hatari-devel] Falcon Sound

Le 07/10/2016 à 23:31, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
I've tested some Falcon Music disks from DHS (smell of old electronic by
example or amanita).
There were lots of glitches in the sound and now, it's perfect (I
rediscover these music).

I've tested many demos / games and I can notice an improvement.

The little problems I list just after were already noticed to have sound
problems.

I've given a try to Chaos-AD demo (listed in the compatibility list).
It's still very noisy (I'll have to try it on my Falcon to compare the
sound quality here).
That's very probably not related to the fix.

I've tested 68xxx (also listed in the falcon compatibility list). It's
said the music is broken. Now it runs well and perfect.

Just for info, I wanted to test a demo I didn't know : "Sterrcus
accidit" and I get the following in the console : FPU EXCEPTION 0
OP=F200-110E EA=00000000 PC=000513F6 -> 00E00FB6
Exception 3 (53a96) at 53a96 -> e00fb6!

I've tested the game "Downfall". The sound is still very noisy. It's
very funny because it sounds like the sound is related to the FPSs
(sometimes it plays faster or slower , at different frequencies). very
strange.

I'll do more tests.
Regards

Hi,

it's indeed possible that if the game/demo requires too much cpu to work under emulation, then sound will be bad too because we don't feed sample fast enough to the OS (this is the case on one of my PC when running "030", emulating CPU + DSP needs a lot of CPU and this will result in bad results when PC is not powerful enough)