Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari's SDL2-port screen update bug

On 09/10/2016 09:20 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 10/09/2016 à 19:09, Thomas Huth a écrit :
If the users
are working in the debugger terminal, I think they do not really
expect a dialog to pop up in the main window. So maybe that dialog
should rather be avoided and you should prompt for yes/no in the
terminal window? Or simply do not ask the user at all and always
overwrite the destination file (aka. you should know what you're doing
when using the debugger)?
What do you think?

I also sometimes worked in the debugger, type some command and nothing
happened until I noticed the command required to confirm in the SDL UI.

For consistency, I also think that it would be better if the dialog was
turned into a "printf" into the debugger console, with no need to
interact with the UI.

Dialogs come from rest of the Hatari code that debugger is
calling (in this case common function for saving state), it's
not invoked by the debugger code itself.

I'm not sure how to best handle that.  Proposals?