Re: [hatari-devel] SDL1 vs. SDL2 sound pausing

Le 08/09/2016 à 23:05, Jerome Vernet a écrit :
Le 08/09/2016 à 21:14, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

I read the SDL2 docs & Hatari source a bit and while
Hatari uses the legacy SDL_PauseAudio() function, that
should work fine with SDL2.  It does work fine for me
with SDL2, sound is paused when emulation is paused.
SDL_PauseAudio is not called when only click on a menu title. Because
nothing is called then.
OSX Gui will only call GuiOsx_Pause() (wich call
Main_PauseEmulation(true) from Hatari core) only when you have selected
a menu item like Preferences, Create Floppy, etc.

What is curious is that the emulation itself seems to be paused. Only
some noise happen.

I suspect that your SDL2 version is buggy.
It's 2.0.4 up to date from current developpement sources. It happen
since the very first SDL2 build, with SDL 2.0.1.

I think that I should fill a bug report on the SDL lists.

Hi

IIRC, FS-UAE also uses SDL2 on OSX. Maybe some here with OSX could try to install it and see if the UI has the same sound problem ?

If not, then the problem is related to OSX version of Hatari, not SDL2 itself. Then maybe a look at the FS-UAE sources could tell if some specifc SDL2 calls are made to ensure sound will be stopped when interacting with the menus / UI. Or send a email to Frode (fs-uae author), maybe that's sthg he already encounters and knows how to fix it.