Re: [hatari-devel] Feedback SDL2 support

----- Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 08.03.2016 22:46, David Savinkoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > One of my computers requires:
> > $ export SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS=0
> > on the command line before running Hatari
> > (Thomas helped me on this one, thanks again).
> >
> > However, this problem bugs me because there
> > are no explanations ... even as to why the
> > SDL2 default is set to true.
> >
> > Thus, I'm questioning why the default is
> > not set to false (maybe false is better).
> >
> > My other computer does not care whether
> > SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS is true
> > or false. It just works.
> >
> > I would like to know the results of others
> > experiments, and possibly patch SDL2 menu,
> > or compile Hatari with false if it is better.
> >
> > I'm looking for a solution, not a workaround.
>
> In case you're looking for a proper fix, you should discuss this with
> the SDL folks - Hatari is not the culprit of this behavior here, it's
> definitely an SDL problem instead.
>
> So you should maybe join the SDL mailing list
> (http://libsdl.org/mailing-list.php) and discuss the problem there, or
> open a bug ticket here: https://bugzilla.libsdl.org/
>
>  Thomas

I may contact SDL on this. I may also document my problem for
Hatari with a patch.

On one of my computers I cannot toggle (F11) between full-screen
and windowed with 'Keep desktop resolution in fullscreen' selected
without loss of focus when SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS=1

SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS causes other problems
on other systems with other programs (see internet), and should be
mentioned whenever there is indescribable odd behavior.