|Re: [hatari-devel] Feedback SDL2 support|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Feedback SDL2 support
- From: David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 15:00:27 -0700 (MST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=telus.net; s=neo; t=1457647227; bh=ePY4FmkBm8BwVeIylgff+z1ySd5+/vAHHfpbKg0yk+E=; h=Date:From:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:References:Subject: MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=P/msSckooQZ6LO0furk9S239cwIpWGdcncY4j4J0MBxEiAziZqLAuVGaLPCm0OY+f 0Vtb+R6aop5ewsqrcCpZuH50ELRdvVaKsUD8I5USIWppWFshujp4EiUiIIJzxEOHVw EthA/N5ntjhdBIZ+NiyEl21UHf5sC4Q737OdOd1+NHAbM1g+RRjO7dYgnm9pHfpZjk OorcicrJ9dLyl6KYn/eBRugkmL9i1WiMY9PWcp4rDBxs6h9zRs9smtyKVjOa/6FL5T 7LQb3GYvtj+KJ2qfvrA/oH4F7ZK8osHihKwfWI+LoELuws5YiCzMH4JGGnonEReBMG XOzC09KDkfqUw==
- Thread-index: w0gG1rX5xag7/i/fyfIpPO7l8pMJSw==
- Thread-topic: Feedback SDL2 support
----- Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 08.03.2016 22:46, David Savinkoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> > One of my computers requires:
> > $ export SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS=0
> > on the command line before running Hatari
> > (Thomas helped me on this one, thanks again).
> > However, this problem bugs me because there
> > are no explanations ... even as to why the
> > SDL2 default is set to true.
> > Thus, I'm questioning why the default is
> > not set to false (maybe false is better).
> > My other computer does not care whether
> > SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS is true
> > or false. It just works.
> > I would like to know the results of others
> > experiments, and possibly patch SDL2 menu,
> > or compile Hatari with false if it is better.
> > I'm looking for a solution, not a workaround.
> In case you're looking for a proper fix, you should discuss this with
> the SDL folks - Hatari is not the culprit of this behavior here, it's
> definitely an SDL problem instead.
> So you should maybe join the SDL mailing list
> (http://libsdl.org/mailing-list.php) and discuss the problem there, or
> open a bug ticket here: https://bugzilla.libsdl.org/
I may contact SDL on this. I may also document my problem for
Hatari with a patch.
On one of my computers I cannot toggle (F11) between full-screen
and windowed with 'Keep desktop resolution in fullscreen' selected
without loss of focus when SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS=1
SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS causes other problems
on other systems with other programs (see internet), and should be
mentioned whenever there is indescribable odd behavior.