Re: [hatari-devel] Bad Mood freeze

On 01/06/2016 02:17 AM, Douglas Little wrote:
More puzzling is the fact I don't get anything worse than 'stuck keys' on
my Falcon (particularly by avoiding certain key combinations). i.e. no
jumping to the dead-stop handler as Eero is getting here. That would only
occur if the IKBD buffer overflowed e.g. a HOG blit or some other mistake.

I may know a trigger condition for the freeze: door closing.

Freeze minute ago happened when door closed in front of my face
(it got half closed before freeze).  I think on previous freeze it
happened when (another) door started to close when I went under it,
and on first freeze door may have started to close behind me after
I had gone through it (and were further away).

However all of these effects may all be related to the same cause, but
effects are different if the key pattern is different. i.e. I see 'stuck
keys' where someone else with different key mappings sees a dead IKBD
handler due to the ghost scancode vectoring to a non-key handler instead of
a wrong keypress.

I see also wrong keys being triggered, e.g. ESC when mouse is moved
(as I get to menu).

I'll try to reproduce on my Falcon and see if I can break the handler.
There have been changes to the project - none I think in the IKBD stuff,
but maybe in areas which affect interrupts or blitter use and might be
aggrevating things. I'll need to look.

As BM doesn't anymore work with latest Hatari WinUAE CPU core when
cycle accurate mode is enabled, maybe there's some timing issue.
I.e. this could be Hatari issue.

If it doesn't happen on real device, I wouldn't pay too much attention
on this until it can be reproduced with cycle-accurate Hatari WinUAE
CPU core.

	- Eero

PS. Except for the HW MIDI replay modet, I think BM config should
be default one.