|Re: [hatari-devel] Feedback SDL2 support|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Feedback SDL2 support
- From: David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 01:15:53 -0700 (MST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=telus.net; s=neo; t=1448871354; bh=1+kl1vnuGY2bxtjH2F4IacmVAPslItZ8s97qt5CRI24=; h=Date:From:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:References:Subject: MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=1PKLxsWz6Cu/gZgR6wSneBNBdiYsdW8ShwWAbn9K+ujqdYafKHsv9k9zFENUo1ZZD F/ezj0QxctLF7pgYnEkw3nco1DJlOzBtDbQ71fWw5hmsXUtS/qmoM76EfG7gRbs1n4 Np72MOsXI3j/75Pq62ZvHijMZj0PZ54IUgBiOzVKauoQcLhs2FOG2BdFiUb5otyLhZ QWFoeLYa7rbpC/o7f21lPn4lma/MzWBzu/ilCIkW4iQMutlCwQdXXbP611/+Kad5+l Du8nQuMuVy6lweWKDUP5IY/gGRg89cTMn2PoX2nYgvt+SOCwXVPUDcCVSR5R3EfVPb pvFsGbjgFW6QQ==
- Thread-index: lMt/P5gNWCjE4xMe7j9C7sy/SeSbKw==
- Thread-topic: Feedback SDL2 support
----- Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:58:50 -0600
> schrieb Bob Carpenter <hatari@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > David,
> > I know that the OS X version has been very sensitive to full screen
> > changes. I admit that I have not tried your patch yet. If Thomas is
> > ready to commit the patch, I will try it on OS X to make sure it
> > works on it. I know that we’ll definitely want
> > SDL_WINDOW_INPUT_GRABBED. However, I’m not sure whether
> > SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN or SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_DESKTOP would be best.
> Mac users used to complain that resolution switching for fullscreen
> mode does not work well on OS X - IIRC that was also the main reason
> for introducing the "keep desktop resolution" stuff. So you likely
> should keep that option enabled on OS X.
> > I am also not sure what I am supposed to see if I select “Keep
> > desktop resolution”.
I just compiled rhe latest hatari.5977, and fullscreen toggling F11
works well with SDL2 "Keep desktop resolution - Deselected".
The improvement you made for keeping the window focus and
mitigating screen flicker is a big help also.
"Keep desktop resolution - Selected" still has a problem of losing
window focus on my system. I think SDL2 events become misdirected
to hatari's parent process (or whatever window the cursor is over when
F11 is pressed) instead of hatari... I noticed that typed keystrokes start
showing up in the terminal window where hatari was launched after
window focus is lost.