Re: [hatari-devel] Feedback SDL2 support

----- Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:58:50 -0600
> schrieb Bob Carpenter <hatari@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > David,
> >
> > I know that the OS X version has been very sensitive to full screen
> > changes. I admit that I have not tried your patch yet. If Thomas is
> > ready to commit the patch, I will try it on OS X to make sure it
> > works on it. I know that we’ll definitely want
> > SDL_WINDOW_INPUT_GRABBED. However, I’m not sure whether
> > SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN or SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_DESKTOP would be best.
>
> Mac users used to complain that resolution switching for fullscreen
> mode does not work well on OS X - IIRC that was also the main reason
> for introducing the "keep desktop resolution" stuff. So you likely
> should keep that option enabled on OS X.
>
> > I am also not sure what I am supposed to see if I select “Keep
> > desktop resolution”.

Hi Thomas,

I just compiled rhe latest hatari.5977, and fullscreen toggling F11
works well with SDL2 "Keep desktop resolution - Deselected".
The improvement you made for keeping the window focus and
mitigating screen flicker is a big help also.

"Keep desktop resolution - Selected" still has a problem of losing
window focus on my system. I think SDL2 events become misdirected
to hatari's parent process (or whatever window the cursor is over when
F11 is pressed) instead of hatari... I noticed that typed keystrokes start
showing up in the terminal window where hatari was launched after
window focus is lost.