Re: [hatari-devel] Feedback SDL2 support

David,

I know that the OS X version has been very sensitive to full screen changes. I admit that I have not tried your patch yet. If Thomas is ready to commit the patch, I will try it on OS X to make sure it works on it. I know that we’ll definitely want SDL_WINDOW_INPUT_GRABBED. However, I’m not sure whether SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN or SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_DESKTOP would be best.

Jerome,

What scrambled screens are you seeing? I just compiled the OS X version today and it looks fine. I still have the problem where the Preferences dialog will not appear when I select that menu item, but that is the main problem I have seen. I have only been using ST/STe mode. I have not used TT/Falcon mode. I am also not sure what I am supposed to see if I select “Keep desktop resolution”. If you have time, I am hoping that the new SDL2 options will be added to the OS X menu. I have tried to do it, but I got lost in the connection between the PrefsController code and the NIB file.

Thomas,

I see that two new SDL2 options have been added: Use linear scaling and Use VSync. I know that linear scaling fixes the screen problem where the GEM desktop (and possibly other screens) are very jaggy. However, I am not sure what Use VSync is supposed to do and whether I should use it or not.

Bob C