[hatari-devel] Re: OS X SDL2 testing

Thomas,

I tested my USB game pad and it was detected. I will just need to test it when I get back home. So far, it looks like your "blind" fix is working.

Bob C

On Sunday, November 29, 2015, Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx> wrote:
Am Sat, 28 Nov 2015 23:28:23 -0600
schrieb Bob Carpenter <hatari@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> I have noticed that the OS X preferences window will not work if I
> have a joystick/gamepad plugged in. The SDL menu still works and
> shows the gamepad or joystick. However, if I leave the joystick
> unplugged and start Hatari, then the OS X preferences window appears.
> I tried my CX-40 with the 2600-daptor II and my USB Nyko gamepad that
> I use for my normal Mac gaming. I see the same results with both the
> Atari joystick and the Nyko gamepad.

I think there's at least a bug in PrefsController.m: The
SDL_JoystickName() function changed between SDL1 and SDL2 and now takes
a joystick structure instead of an ID as parameter.
So the SDL_JoystickName() in PrefsController.m should likely be replaced
by Joy_GetName() now instead. Since it's a trivial change, I've dared
to do this "blindly" (since I don't have an OS X to test). Could you
please check whether this still compiles properly and maybe now makes a
difference?

I've also uploaded the changes to the OS X nib files that Jerome
provided a couple of weeks ago (to remove the 8 bpp option in the GUI).