|[hatari-devel] Re: OS X SDL2 testing|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: "hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [hatari-devel] Re: OS X SDL2 testing
- From: Bob Carpenter <hatari@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 12:17:12 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ripon89-us.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=1Ks1W/9Ny16jiDSNSQQHGgxVTAsiGTUWPkLARQ+9AxI=; b=Tqvi3ch/48Drsk17AiSBfX8wW0xzEGzXYI6QF2hy05kVOWKhsWijFYBghE5BlWhsYL ZlyBG8/bdmzVSMlzACLC8hpUkL3i7nKysh5DhSAEQoqED6iSJSimlB0LdJLEorDfiTe2 2S69qBawFLijzmUA7OxqXzr8QjfR3eqgR5J4rllrgGSptzPpNncE+DSVIXKe29CWf3ka JSgsxnOfjHtd+0FLwB9U0+Upvkt7fQfB0wl9ShZpP978e8oHmuacT0K1HugZ+uyP8c85 ehJaecLS/lyjUY8vfmOtHRAmlCqXK1AS3iSyPiP5EuZN0wSW/lyWU8Zk5KUnn6wDwdKU aLUQ==
I tested my USB game pad and it was detected. I will just need to test it when I get back home. So far, it looks like your "blind" fix is working.
On Sunday, November 29, 2015, Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx
Am Sat, 28 Nov 2015 23:28:23 -0600
schrieb Bob Carpenter <hatari@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> I have noticed that the OS X preferences window will not work if I
> have a joystick/gamepad plugged in. The SDL menu still works and
> shows the gamepad or joystick. However, if I leave the joystick
> unplugged and start Hatari, then the OS X preferences window appears.
> I tried my CX-40 with the 2600-daptor II and my USB Nyko gamepad that
> I use for my normal Mac gaming. I see the same results with both the
> Atari joystick and the Nyko gamepad.
I think there's at least a bug in PrefsController.m: The
SDL_JoystickName() function changed between SDL1 and SDL2 and now takes
a joystick structure instead of an ID as parameter.
So the SDL_JoystickName() in PrefsController.m should likely be replaced
by Joy_GetName() now instead. Since it's a trivial change, I've dared
to do this "blindly" (since I don't have an OS X to test). Could you
please check whether this still compiles properly and maybe now makes a
I've also uploaded the changes to the OS X nib files that Jerome
provided a couple of weeks ago (to remove the 8 bpp option in the GUI).