Re: [hatari-devel] One St demo that crash

Le 07/07/2015 21:26, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On tiistai 07 heinäkuu 2015, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 06/07/2015 23:00, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
So it seems that switching from Falcon mode to ST (or STE) mode by
changing the TOS version in the GUI doesn't change all the parameters
and  --fast boot on is needed at least for this st demo.

--fast-boot is not really related to the machine you want to emulate, so
for me it seems ok that it keeps its value when you change between
stf/ste/falcon.

But I really suggest turning this option off (which is the case by
default in Hatari) and to turn it on only in specific cases where you
really want to boot faster (ie when you only want to use gem programs,
not to run games/demos)

Are there so many things that need "--fast-boot off" that
it would be impractical to document all of them in
the compatibility list?

I don't know any exact list.

But I think Hatari should have as much default setting as possible that match real hardware (so, no fast boot, as little tos patching as possible, default to CE mode, default to nSpec512Threshold=1, ...) to get best possible results out of the box.

Then we can describe possible options that the user can set to speed up things or decrease cpu ressources and everyone can decide to change settings based on his own experience.