Re: [hatari-devel] DryEgg game / reset dialog problems (was: Data cache Issues?)

On perjantai 12 kesäkuu 2015, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> I haven't got these 3 games.

After more testing I found out that "Men at War" refuses to work only
when autostarted, and "Masters of Chaos" works only with 1-2MB of
RAM, so those weren't actually broken.  I'll update the docs after
Hatari Mercurial repo works again.

DryEgg is still a problem.

> Maybe there's a link to get them ?

I'm not sure where I got them.

"Men at War" and "Dry Egg" you can get either from here:
http://no-fragments.atari.org/no_fragments_04/archive/games/freeware/

Or from here:
http://christophe.bray.free.fr/informatique/falcon/falcon_jeux2.htm#Men%20at%20War
http://christophe.bray.free.fr/informatique/falcon/falcon_jeux1a.htm#Dry%20Egg

NOTE: when using 2MB or less, "Dry Egg" double bus errors,
and dialog reset doesn't work with DryEgg, selecting "reset"
just gives this and reset dialog again:
--------
M68000 Bus Error writing at address $32424952 PC=$2.
Bus error wput at 32424950
M68000 Bus Error writing at address $32424950 PC=$2.
--------

-> Dialog should tell it does only "warm reset" and
   that may fail.  Or it should do "cold reset"

Another problem with reset dialog is that if user presses
Hatari window close button instead of "OK", Hatari interprets
that as "Cancel" and invokes console debugger.  This is
bad if user didn't start Hatari from console as then user
cannot close Hatari window!

After that user cannot close Hatari even from debugger,
"quit" command continues emulation, shows dialog again
(very briefly) and automatically invokes debugger again.

I had to "kill -9 $(pidof hatari)" from another console.

-> Reset dialog is pretty badly broken in DryEgg case.

	- Eero