Re: [hatari-devel] beautify sdl-gui underlines patch

Am Wed, 4 Mar 2015 21:52:44 +0200

> Hi,
>
> On keskiviikko 04 maaliskuu 2015, David Savinkoff wrote:
> > While I was playing with your arrows.diff patch, I
> > discovered that Hatari (with and without your patch)
> > decreases the screen height with <alt><up arrow>
> > when it would be better to increase the height.
>
> This is matter of preference, but I don't have any strong
> opinion on this myself.  What about the others?
>

> > This patch arrows2.diff improves on arrows.diff
> > by fixing the aforementioned problem.
>
> It was already decided that the arrow icons won't be changed.
> Althoug it would give better indication about shortcut, using
> up and down arrows here would just look weird:
> 	  <- width  ->
> 	x <- height ->

Not sure if it would fit in the dialogs, and how it would finally look
like, but maybe it's worth a try to rearrange the stuff to look like
this:

                ^
  < width > x height

?

Hmmm, at least in ASCII art above, it is also looking somewhat strange
to me...