Re: [hatari-devel] beautify sdl-gui underlines patch

----- Thomas Huth wrote:
> Am Wed, 4 Mar 2015 21:52:44 +0200
> schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On keskiviikko 04 maaliskuu 2015, David Savinkoff wrote:
> > > While I was playing with your arrows.diff patch, I
> > > discovered that Hatari (with and without your patch)
> > > decreases the screen height with <alt><up arrow>
> > > when it would be better to increase the height.
> >
> > This is matter of preference, but I don't have any strong
> > opinion on this myself.  What about the others?
> >

> > > This patch arrows2.diff improves on arrows.diff
> > > by fixing the aforementioned problem.
> >
> > It was already decided that the arrow icons won't be changed.
> > Althoug it would give better indication about shortcut, using
> > up and down arrows here would just look weird:
> > 	  <- width  ->
> > 	x <- height ->
>
> Not sure if it would fit in the dialogs, and how it would finally look
> like, but maybe it's worth a try to rearrange the stuff to look like
> this:
>
>                 ^
>   < width > x height
>
> ?
>
> Hmmm, at least in ASCII art above, it is also looking somewhat strange
> to me...
>
>  Thomas

The arrows come from hatari/src/gui-sdl/font5x8.bmp and
font10x16.bmp Arrows from font10x16.bmp are also used
for the SDL scroll-bar.

Maybe the arrows could be re-proportioned to match the
font better. The problem with the up/down arrows are that
the button is taller than the right/left arrow button.