Re: [hatari-devel] New WinUAE core issue with Bad Mood?

Le 04/12/2014 20:05, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Some additional issues I noticed:

- EmuTOS 512k doesn't boot up in TT or Falcon mode, it just endlessly
   bus errors.

regarding emutos, I think the problem is that if the cpu is 68030, then emutos expects the MMU to be available. I also get crashes if I don't select MMU when 68030 is selected.
 - 68020 without MMU -> emutos 0.93 OK
 - 68030 with MMU -> emutos 0.93 OK
 - 68030 without MMU -> emutos crashes

Can you try it too ?

In all accuracy, a real 68030 has a MMU, so it's "normal" that emutos crashes if it finds a 68030 but the MMU instructions are disabled.

But the winuae's cpu core also has a "fake mmu" mode : it behaves as if all mmu's registers/instructions were present (so no illegal or line-f exceptions), but it doesn't do any translation job.

This could be a solution if people just want a 68030 but not the MMU's translation overhead : enable fake mmu instead of completely disabling mmu (but of course, if emutos really set some particular MMU's tables, then you might get crashes later anyway).

For 68020, if user doesn't check mmu, then we really disable it.