Re: [hatari-devel] add support for TT ram -> problem with HD emulation and DTA

Le 17/12/2014 17:06, Uwe Seimet a écrit :
Hi,

It's probably not documented what exactly happens, but it's documented that
it doesn't work. (And it does not work, indeed.)

but what "doesn't work" really means ? Does the dma transfer stops when you read/write ? Does it complete but transfer garbage ? That's not precise enough to improve the emulation.

For example, I tested on my STF that if you read a sector with the FDC to ROM, then you won't get any error, nothing will be written to ROM of course, but you have no way to know the operation had no sense.

Is this the same when using the HD on an STF, a TT or a Falcon, which have different HW / DMA ? Does the command fails or completes in all cases ? It's hard to guess without proper tests.