Re: [hatari-devel] hatari-ui icon

Am Fri, 14 Nov 2014 23:48:38 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 14/11/2014 20:01, Thomas Huth a écrit :
> >
> >   Hi,
> >
> > Am Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:16:15 +0100
> > schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >> Maybe at lower size you could put just "st" on the icon and "st +
> >> hatari" at higher size ?
> >
> > Or maybe use the green H instead of the red ST? OTOH, considering
> > what I've written above, it might be more "polite" not to put the
> > Hatari logo or text on this icon... what do you think?
>
> Are there really such things as some official mime types for disk
> images in Atari emulation ? I had the feeling it was such an
> emulation niche that no one bothered to create some official one ?

No, as far as I know, there are no official mime types for ST disk
images yet. But assigning them to something like
application/x-hatari-disk-image feels just wrong to me - for example
imagine somebody writes a "Magic Shadow Archiver" clone for Linux and
wants to assign it to .MSA images, too. It would be cumbersome if the
mime-types point to something with hatari in the name already.

By the way, there is also already application/x-apple-diskimage beside
application/x-raw-disk-image, so I think application/x-msa-disk-image
etc. are really the right way to go.