Re: [hatari-devel] hatari-ui icon

Le 13/11/2014 11:39, Thomas Huth a écrit :

  Hi,

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 23:34:38 +0100
Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le 12/11/2014 22:25, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

.ST.gz could also be added.  Gzipped image files have been supported
by Hatari "forever" and most .ST image files actually compress pretty
well.

Yes, we could add all variant with gz or zip compression, but I'm not
sure it would not be too much.

Hmm, and there is also .dim, of course ... so we definitely have got
quite a big bunch of disk types nowadays - but I wonder whether we want
to have a separate icon for each of these. It feels somehow wrong to
overcrowed our repository with so many slightly different icons with so
many pre-scaled icon sizes.

Maybe it would be better to have one icon for all ST disk images? I.e.
I am currently thinking of removing the MSA icons again and then to
simply add symlinks for the other mimetypes, so that all ST disk images
use the icon with the red "ST" on it. Does that sound ok for you, too?

Hi

+1 for me ; we could also add *ctr, *ipf, maybe *scp one day.

Maybe it would be better to have only one .desktop file that handles several extension (st, msa, dim, ipf, ... + maybe the .gz variant) and only 1 icon type that would represent a "hatari compatible disk" ?

Maybe at lower size you could put just "st" on the icon and "st + hatari" at higher size ?