Re: Fwd: [hatari-devel] ARM JIT

Le 06/08/2014 11:39, Adam Klobukowski a écrit :

It seems, it does. On the other hand, Hatari already has a "glue" code
for CPU cores, so this should not be a problem.

it depends, glueing everything together can be complex when you need to take into account interrupts, ram accesses, ... And since different cpu cores can have different variables and "concept" it's not necessarily obvious to do.

    And we don't target a specific architecture such as arm, we try to
    have as much portable C code to compile on any architecture (and I'm
    not sure from its description that cyclone handles prefetch and sub
    cycle accuracy for all opcodes, which is required for proper emulation).

That is not true. There is already JIT core for x86, so hatari has
platform dependent code.

JIT is not used in hatari, and any jit files in hatari are certainly way too old to give correct results if they were enabled.

Cyclone does not handle prefetch, as for cycle accuracy, it is as good
as Muashi in Mame. It will not be perfect but Hatari already has an
option "slower, but more accurate emulation".

it depends on what you want to run on your PI ? without correct prefetch / cycles accuracy, most demos won't run (at least not the best ones). And also nearly all games saved with their original protection (STX or IPF format) might fail because protection often uses 68000 based timing loops (of course, cracked version will still work).

I want Cyclone core inside, so as a rule os OS projects, I'll do it. But
I'll ned help with the build system, as I'm unfamiliar with those
beasts. Anyone can help?

As a first step, you could build your own makefile if you don't know cmake. But for cmake, you certainly just need to modify src/CMakeLists.txt and src/cpu/CMakeLists.txt to add your own .c files