Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari Front-End

Steven,

Even though I use the OS X version of Hatari, I would be interested in seeing your front-end since I have the Windows version running in a virtual machine. Honestly, the non-Windows versions of Hatari have nice GUIs. Only the Windows version is stuck with the SDL interface because no Windows person has volunteered to write a Windows-specific interface.

In order to make this cross-platform, it would have to be written in a non-Microsoft language. Since Hatari is written in C, that would be the obvious choice. There are a few other options (Xojo - used to be RealBasic) but I could not really recommend that as an option.

As far as the SC1224 look, the first idea that occurred to me was if Hatari supported skins like I have seen in some other emulators. However, there has not been much interest in it. Based on how a lot of people use Hatari (debugging environment for their ST software), the lack of interest in skinning makes sense to me.

Even if your front-end is never cross-platform, it would be useful to Hatari Windows users who want a friendlier interface than what’s provided by SDL.

Bob C