Re: [hatari-devel] SDL GUI keyboard shortcuts

Am Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:33:18 +0300

> On tiistai 19 elokuu 2014, Thomas Huth wrote:
>
> > Same could apply to the fileselector for scrolling the list by just
> > one entry (this is currently broken, it was possible to do this with
> > cursor up and down before).
>
> I think those arrow items need specific flags & activation for
> them (= search for that flag).  This would allow mapping
> both joy left & right and left & right arrow keys to them.

Ack, a flag is maybe the best solution here, sounds better than searching
for the first two buttons with arrows in them.

> I guess I need to move shortcuts from flags to state [1], to make
> space for the extra flag bits.

Why don't you simply introduce a new field to the SGOBJ struct? I don't see
a urgent need to squeeze this into the state field, too.

> I would actually like to have separate AltGr shortcut for each
> joystick (AltGr 0, AltGr 1 etc), which would switch given joystick
> between disabled, keyboard and real joystick.  Would that cause
> any problems?  Or is there some other, more deserving config
> change you think should be bound to AltGr+<number>?

Basically fine for me ... the only thing that comes to my mind is that some
other emulators like ScummVM are mapping graphic effects to the number
keys, e.g. for selecting the scaling method.
With SDL2 we now might want to have something like this, too (by setting
the SDL_HINT_RENDER_SCALE_QUALITY).
So maybe better go for the function keys for changing the joystick mode?