Re: [hatari-devel] Statistician app NULL pointer crash with GEMDOS HD emu?

On maanantai 25 elokuu 2014, Thomas Huth wrote:
> Ok, I now had a look at this program, and indeed, it seems to lack some
> proper error code checking. However, as far as I can see, the problem
> is not Dfree, but the BIOS function GetBPB (BIOS #7). It returns zero
> for our GEMDOS drive (and certainly also for empty floppy drives). The
> stats program does not check for zero here and simply assumes the
> pointer is valid --> crash.

Thanks!

So fixing this would require enabling BIOS interception whenever
GEMDOS HD emulation is enabled, just to be able to reply something
meaningful to this call:
	http://toshyp.atari.org/en/About_the_BIOS.html#Getbpb

and faking most of the requested data:
	http://toshyp.atari.org/en/00300b.html#BPB

Looking at the rest of BIOS calls, this is only one that
is related to HD drives and not already fixed in other ways
(like drive map is).

Any comments on whether supporting this is worth the trouble,
and are you going to look into that?