Re: [hatari-devel] Statistician app NULL pointer crash with GEMDOS HD emu?

Am Sun, 24 Aug 2014 13:49:10 +0300

> Hi,

Ok, I now had a look at this program, and indeed, it seems to lack some
proper error code checking. However, as far as I can see, the problem
is not Dfree, but the BIOS function GetBPB (BIOS #7). It returns zero
for our GEMDOS drive (and certainly also for empty floppy drives). The
stats program does not check for zero here and simply assumes the
pointer is valid --> crash.