Re: [hatari-devel] OS X menu items and shortcuts

On Jun 6, 2014, at 12:45 PM, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On torstai 05 kesäkuu 2014, Bob Carpenter wrote:
>>
>> 2. The bigger problem is that Cmd-M is taken over by OS X and minimizes
>> the window. The mouse is no longer captured. The mouse capture shortcut
>> would have to be changed from Cmd-M. From the last time this came up, I
>> know that would be a very unpopular decision.
>
> Hatari shortcuts are all configurable from its configuration file,
> so you can just provide configuration file.

I assume you mean the keymap.txt file? The problem I see is if we remapped the mouse capture key from Cmd-M to another keyboard combination is that another user who really wanted Cmd-M would not be able to use it. That is because, by enabling the SDL events to be passed to OS X, Cmd-M would minimize the window and the user would have no way to use that key combination to capture the mouse. Since I have heard almost no complaints about the non-functional keyboard equivalents in the File menu and people do use Cmd-M for mouse capture, right now the best answer seems to be to simply leave those equivalents as non-functional and remove them from the File menu so no one is confused.

Jerome, Cocoa Pod - Do you have any ideas on this?

Bob C