Re: [hatari-devel] LED with empty floppy drives

Le 03/05/2014 21:31, David Savinkoff a écrit :
Hi,
----- Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 03/05/2014 13:49, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
Hello.

I have just compiled the latest Hatari-HG for Cygwin.
It seems there is a regression with the LED of empty floppy drives.
/***

This can be easily reproduced:
- boot with a floppy in drive A:, no floppy in drive B:
- wait until the desktop appears
- double-click drive B:
- see the "drive does not answer" error message

Then normally, the B: LED should switch off after a few seconds (it
This is exactly what my real ST 520 does (just tested).
***/

works fine with the official Hatari 1.7.0 binary). But with the latest
Hatari, the B: LED remains lit.

I can reproduce this bug every time with TOS 1.62.

With EmuTOS, it is even more easy to reproduce. Just boot normally (not
patched for fast boot). On the welcome screen, the B: light is stuck,
while it should not.

Hi

I changed some FDC things lately, and I think previous behaviour was not
the correct one. On my STF, drive led also remains on if there's no
/***
floppy. My test on 520 STF TOS 1.02 :
   - boot on drive A
   - when GEM desktop appears, wait for drive to turn off and led off too.
   - eject floppy drive A
   - click on drive A icon
   - after some sec, tos will print a message "drive not responding",
choose cancel.
   - on my 520 STF, motor will turn off, but drive led will remain on.
(tested)
My 520 ST, motor And led turn off simultaneously seconds later.
***/

It's only if you insert a floppy, that the drive led will turn off.
Not with my setup.

I believe TOS has a timeout that turns off the floppy motor And led.
Maybe internal floppy STF 520 differs from external floppy ST 520

Maybe depending on the TOS version, but I'm not sure.

My 520 STF tos 1.02 doesn't turn it off, and I just checked with a 520 STE (tos 1.62 I guess) :

 - 1 internal drive A and 1 external drive B
 - boot on A, wait for desktop
- eject A, click on A icon and click on cancel when TOS says it can't access disk -> led and motor remain on until a floppy is inserted (no timeout)

- same on B : drive B is empty, click on B icon, click cancel on the TOS message that appears -> led and motor remain on until a floppy is inserted in B (no timeout either)

So, either TOS 1.00 had a different behaviour (with a timeout) or it's the SF354 drive, but for me the common behaviour is the one I described above.