Re: [hatari-devel] LED with empty floppy drives

----- David Savinkoff wrote:
> Hi,
> ----- Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> > Le 03/05/2014 13:49, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > I have just compiled the latest Hatari-HG for Cygwin.
> > > It seems there is a regression with the LED of empty floppy drives.
> /***
> > >
> > > This can be easily reproduced:
> > > - boot with a floppy in drive A:, no floppy in drive B:
> > > - wait until the desktop appears
> > > - double-click drive B:
> > > - see the "drive does not answer" error message
> > >
> > > Then normally, the B: LED should switch off after a few seconds (it
> This is exactly what my real ST 520 does (just tested).
> ***/
>
> > > works fine with the official Hatari 1.7.0 binary). But with the latest
> > > Hatari, the B: LED remains lit.
> > >
> > > I can reproduce this bug every time with TOS 1.62.
> > >
> > > With EmuTOS, it is even more easy to reproduce. Just boot normally (not
> > > patched for fast boot). On the welcome screen, the B: light is stuck,
> > > while it should not.
> > >

> > Hi
> >
> > I changed some FDC things lately, and I think previous behaviour was not
> > the correct one. On my STF, drive led also remains on if there's no
> /***
> > floppy. My test on 520 STF TOS 1.02 :
> >   - boot on drive A
> >   - when GEM desktop appears, wait for drive to turn off and led off too.
> >   - eject floppy drive A
> >   - click on drive A icon
> >   - after some sec, tos will print a message "drive not responding",
> > choose cancel.
> >   - on my 520 STF, motor will turn off, but drive led will remain on.
> (tested)
> My 520 ST, motor And led turn off simultaneously seconds later.
> ***/
>
> > It's only if you insert a floppy, that the drive led will turn off.
> Not with my setup.
> >
> I believe TOS has a timeout that turns off the floppy motor And led.

Actually the floppy led is connected to the M51017AP (see page 53)
http://chomikuj.pl/voyssgdial/Dokumenty+atarowskie/Komputery+16-bitowe/!!Serwis*c3*b3wki/Stacje+dysk*c3*b3w/ST_SF354_ServiceManual_v2,159442539.pdf
This manual is a keeper (enable cookies to get it)