Re: [hatari-devel] LED with empty floppy drives

----- Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 03/05/2014 13:49, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have just compiled the latest Hatari-HG for Cygwin.
> > It seems there is a regression with the LED of empty floppy drives.
/***

> > This can be easily reproduced:
> > - boot with a floppy in drive A:, no floppy in drive B:
> > - wait until the desktop appears
> > - double-click drive B:
> > - see the "drive does not answer" error message
> >
> > Then normally, the B: LED should switch off after a few seconds (it
This is exactly what my real ST 520 does (just tested).
***/

> > works fine with the official Hatari 1.7.0 binary). But with the latest
> > Hatari, the B: LED remains lit.
> >
> > I can reproduce this bug every time with TOS 1.62.
> >
> > With EmuTOS, it is even more easy to reproduce. Just boot normally (not
> > patched for fast boot). On the welcome screen, the B: light is stuck,
> > while it should not.
> >

> Hi
>
> I changed some FDC things lately, and I think previous behaviour was not
> the correct one. On my STF, drive led also remains on if there's no
/***
> floppy. My test on 520 STF TOS 1.02 :
>   - boot on drive A
>   - when GEM desktop appears, wait for drive to turn off and led off too.
>   - eject floppy drive A
>   - click on drive A icon
>   - after some sec, tos will print a message "drive not responding",
> choose cancel.
>   - on my 520 STF, motor will turn off, but drive led will remain on.
(tested)
My 520 ST, motor And led turn off simultaneously seconds later.
***/

> It's only if you insert a floppy, that the drive led will turn off.
Not with my setup.

I believe TOS has a timeout that turns off the floppy motor And led.
Maybe internal floppy STF 520 differs from external floppy ST 520

> This is because latest FDC command issued by TOS (when trying to open
> drive A) was in fact never complete, it waited for a floppy in the
> drive. As soon as you insert a floppy, the command completes and the led
> turns off.
>
> Can you test on a real STF too ?
(tested)