Re: [hatari-devel] Recent code updates?

Le 29/05/2014 13:54, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

Nicolas, I was browsing through recent mercurial log and have some
questions related to your updates.

Your code comments mentioning of things that work now.
At least "Tyme Warp" seems to be missing from release notes
and compatibility list.  Is there also something else?

Hello

I want to add a list of significant fixed games, but it's not done yet.

You added PC printing to X/Bios/Gemdos traces.  Shouldn't
PC be be shown for the trap, not the instruction after it?

Yes, it would be better, but everywhere else we use M68000_GetPC() for the traces, and this shows the PC just after the current instruction.
We don't have the value of the PC before the current instruction.

(I tested adding PC printing also for VDI & AES, traces, but VDI calls
are mainly done from same place in TOS and PC makes the call info
itself less readable, so I though to leave that out.)

Maybe it would make more sense to add PC address to warning messages
about things that the emulated code does:
	grep LOG_WARN $(find src/ -name '*.[ch]')
?

Maybe also do same for similar Log_Printf() & stderr outputs...

I'm not sure the info will be useful in all the cases, especially for LOG_WARN. I'd rather add it when required (in my case I added it because I needed the infos to help debugging an emulation issue)

Now that Hatari supports additional image formats:

Do any of those formats contain enough games or other stuff that
would work also from .ST and .MSA disks, that it make sense to add
to "hmsa" tool support for converting STX etc into .ST format?

No, I don't think so ; only very few games had no disk protection and asked for a code instead for example. And in that case, the images we found are often already in .ST or .MSA format.