|Re: [hatari-devel] Debugger: instruction at PC|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Debugger: instruction at PC
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 21:52:28 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=ITJuHPNboYIa+ZJ61Chd8e7Hk9JS2hOOKngtnuoOtAA=; b=Nd2A7EKDGBg2T3RS/k3oRkFTVdwlANO8Jj0OICAxoPnyVZSxHPK3nI3NhKN5zL8nby e4Rqyatn2Y5i0lNSgGaeyYIduw54CLpzbEHCww+NI9MFmdPww9Ryr51MEfveZwYWJkwL NLPxZ3LNLChXjDmYKJU0fcwSd80NCp3rmM9KQMhrfxMRV3WAa+fuJyA4cH79P3i/zko6 YJhaiNa8Rn8X8bvz0SvXXWiuRmr/9ysBwfKxh0eJ/AFO0EVFj8iG/E592r81FqaTR4gM UB8HsKqOTdMQOqOuDXyU6Mxlhs7SxQZ0xtlZ6Mo0KMXoxYaNAF9RI2FbXz/77rbrWRKm 4a5w==
I have also noticed incorrect disassembly, although it seems to be more like an 'approximation' of the instruction - a generic one that may stand in for several other variants. It is however still wrong because the opcode size is not equivalent. There might even be differences in flags for some cases. I was confused on a couple of occasions, not recognizing the code :)
It will tend to show a longer instruction (encoding) than the one actually being executed e.g. a 4 or 6 byte mnemonic vs 2..
I'll report the next time I notice which opcodes are affected. add/sub/move were the obvious ones but there are a few more.