Re: [hatari-devel] Diassembly output

Hi, this probably isn't helpful - but generally disassemblers use heuristics to figure out what is data and what is code. When they hit a meaningless instruction, they may switch to data, and continue until a label, something it already executed - or something else it figures is code again. It can often go wrong esp. if context is not used to disambiguate.

I suppose it could switch to data if it's trying to execute in 68000 mode, but it sees a 68030 opcode after a label etc. Or other random data or unknown instruction as the first op in a sequence under the pc.

Most importantly - I can imagine it having difficulty deciding when/how to switch back to code, without any labels loaded as 'TEXT' in the stream at all.

However if you've never seen it disassemble code (?) I'd probably make a new install of Hatari and a new fresh project and do some tests with that, in case you have some local configuration or other problem which is persisting in that project. I'd also look at labels vs no labels cases using simple code samples which are 68k only and begin with trivial instructions, with and without a starting label.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful  :-)