Re: [hatari-devel] Display problem in Paradox latest demo

Le 29/12/2013 12:02, Anders Eriksson a écrit :

I've run it on my STe (that's why I figured it was 60 Hz, as the screen
appeared more stretched than usual). I did not see any garbage graphics
at the bottom. Of all the monitors I've tried (including a PAL DV
recorder), they only show 274 Atari PAL lines, not 276 that Hatari do.

Maybe the same problem in 60 Hz, Hatari show more lines than a real
machine would so you get some graphics garbage at the bottom. Another
thing is that perhaps Hatari window should somehow shrink or crop to the
correct 263 HBL. On the other hand in programs switching a lot it might
be total mayhem.

Shrinking or enlarging the window height when freq changes would indeed give some very bad visual results.

On real STF, going to 60 Hz is really enlarging the height, less hbl are displayed than in 50 Hz, but they cover a higher surface. The surface of the monitor doesn't change, it's more like hbl lines are slightly thicker (or there more blank space between each hbl, it would need to be checked with a very close photography).

But doing this kind of Y zoom could gives strange visual result due to pixels' interpolation.

On the other end, Hatari is displaying 263 lines in 60 Hz, but maybe this should be lowered as the last lines seem not to be displayed.

I have no ideal idea on how to handle this better for now, but we can keep it for later.

About medres. I can't be sure, but switching to medres then zeroing four
palette registers is a faster way to blank the screen than to zero all
16 registers, it could be the reason.

That could be an idea, but in this case, they don't change color at all ; maybe just some unused code that was not noticed.

I suppose nobody is doing nightly builds for OS X? As usual I'm too lame
to compile hatari.

"CMake Error: Parse error in cache file
/Users/ae/Atari/Source/hatari/CMakeCache.txt. Offending entry:
/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk"

I'm afraid there's no nightly build, but there should be enough people using OSX here to help you