Re: [hatari-devel] trace output format (was: Hatari debugger question)

On lauantai 10 elokuu 2013, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> On 10/08/2013 17:59, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > It looks now:
> > ----------
> > 0xe03ca6: IO write.b $fffa11 = $df
> > 0xe042b4: IO write.w $ff8606 = $0080
> > 0xe045a2: IO write.b $ff8800 = $0e
> > 0xe045b8: IO write.b $ff8800 = $0e
> > 0xe045be: IO write.b $ff8802 = $25
> > 0xe045a2: IO write.b $ff8800 = $0e
> > 0xe045b8: IO write.b $ff8800 = $0e
> > 0xe045be: IO write.b $ff8802 = $27
> > 0xe03ca6: IO write.b $fffa11 = $df
> > ----------
>
> just to make it look like other traces, could you change it to have
> "pc=xxx" (without 0x) at the end of the line (so that the 1st column
> always gives the type of traces we're looking at)
>
> eg :
>
> mfp start CD handler=7 data=2 ctrl=1 timer_cyc=8 pending_cyc=24712
> video_cyc=1564 28@3 pc=fc34a4 instr_cyc=12 first=false resume=true

IMHO if there are common fields in different traces, I think they
should be at the start of the trace with fixed widths, so that they
get aligned.  That makes reading traces with lots of similar lines
easier.

Only common field in IO trace is PC address, that's why I added it at
the start, with fixed width.

Because PC address info is useful with most (all?) of the traces,
my counter-proposal is that it would be output automatically by
LOG_TRACE() macro, to the start of the trace line, and removed
from current LOG_TRACE() call sites.

Disassembly output includes address, so for that it's not needed,
but it seems to be using LOG_TRACE_PRINT() macro instead.  Rest
of the LOG_TRACE_PRINT() macro users should be changed so that
their output format conforms to the new convention.